Book Review: Walking On The Path Of Indie Publishing By Rubina Ramesh
This book has amazingly brought together the whole process of indie publishing. Especially the marketing part is an eyeopener. From the basics of marketing to the twitter, the Facebook groups, the hashtags, this has it all. A very informative booklet for an indie author: first timer or not.
It is sure to give every author something to work upon.
To get a copy of the book please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
This booklet is temporarily pulled down and will be available soon. In the meantime, if you want to get a copy of the booklet, you can write to the author and ask for a copy at email@example.com
Now that you have decided to become an Indie author, here are a few tools you will need.
The Topics covered are:
1. What it takes to be an indie author
2. Why have you chosen this path?
3. Components of Indie Publishing
4. Tools needed for writing.
5. The Big Eight Brothers of Social Media
6. Facebook Marketing: Promotional not Ad.
7. Checklist for Facebook Marketing before your book is published:
8. The Other Platforms for Marketing
9. How to start a newsletter?
10. Different forms of editing.
11. The art of Cover Making
12. Formatting of Manuscript
13. Sample copyright page.
14. Contacting reviewers
15. Mind-Blowing Cover Designers' links
16. Hashtags for Instagram Marketing and Twitter Marketing
17.100 Facebook Groups to start off with your Book Marketing
Hope this book is beneficial to the new authors out there. I, for one, learned a lot while writing and researching about it.